Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Motorship Tosari built 1919

Hello to all,
    I'm afraid that I can only post in English, ( I have Grandpa here to help me translate any Dutch replies) but I'm looking for some help. My daughter is attempting to do a heritage project for 5th grade at school on her great grandfather. He was the captain of the Dutch Motorship "Tosari" and carried goods for trade from the Netherland to Indonesia mostly. I do know that he once travelled as far as Seattle as well. His name was Berend deBoer. If anyone can point me in the right direction or would be able to supply me with any information it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Bouwjaar: 1919 Werf: Bonn & Mees, Rotterdam
    B.R.T. 7027 D.W. 10360
    Type Sorakarta, Zoelly-turbines van Etablissement Fijenoord, de eerste
    toepassing op handelsschepen in Ned. In 1930/31 verbouwd tot motorschip,
    Schelde-Sulzer motoren 13 1/2' accommodatie voor 6 passagiers, 9.665 ton
    lading & vriesruimte aan boord voor het vervoer van aan bederf onderhevige
    lading
    Op 7/Mei/1954 voor de sloop verkocht
    foto Brisbane Australie +/- augustus/september 1945 schip in oorlogs kleuren
    --
    m.s. tosari.JPG

Reactie

Thanks

Leon,
      Thanks for the ship information. Is there anywhere you might suggest that I could find information about Great Grandpa, Berend deBoer?
      Thanks Again,
      Paul

Reactie

Thanks for the ship information. Is there anywhere you might suggest that I could find information about Great Grandpa, Berend de Boer
        Ship journals :Koninklijke Rotterdamse Lloyd (fa. Willem Ruys & Zonen):
        archive of digitised books in libraries No.454.02 N.V. Koninklijke Rotterdamse Lloyd
        Captain Berend de Boer ,motorschip Ms.Tosari, KRL, and period.

please contact for more info
        e-mail info@gar.rotterdam.nl
        gemeente-/ stadsarchivaris mw. drs. E.A.G. van den Bent

Contact info and adress

454.02 N.V. Koninklijke Rotterdamse Lloyd (fa. Willem Ruys & Zonen): Scheepsjournalen
        Datering 1882-1970
        Openbaarheid Openbaar. Voor kopieen toest. St. Adm.kantoor Ruys vereist. Diepg. publicaties dienen te worden voorgelegd aan het Bestuur.
        Omvang 119,19 meter
        Vindplaats Gemeentearchief Rotterdam

Gemeentearchief Rotterdam
        openingstijden maandag 13.00 - 17.00 uur
        dinsdag t/m vrijdag: 9.00 - 17.00 uur
        woensdag tot 21.31 uur (behalve in juli en augustus)

Archiefwinkel: Etalage van het Gemeentearchief Rotterdam met verkoop van publicaties en wisselende exposities. Coolsingel 91
        maandag t/m zaterdag 11.00 - 17.00 uur

website http://www.gemeentearchief.rotterdam.nl

bezoekadres Hofdijk 651
        3032 CG Rotterdam
        telefoon 010 - 243 45 67 (+31 10 243 45 67)
        fax 010 - 243 46 66 ( +31 10 243 46 66)
        e-mail info@gar.rotterdam.nl
        gemeente-/ stadsarchivaris mw. drs. E.A.G. van den Bent

postadres Postbus 71
        3000 AB Rotterdam

Reactie

Thanks again

Wow.......you guys are great. Thanks for the help. I've sent an email to these people and hopefully they'll be able to give me some more information. I never met my grandfather so this is kind of interesting for me as well.
          Paul

Reactie

Re: Dutch Motorship Tosari built 1919

ms Tosari KRL build 1919 till scrappyard 1953

--
            M.S. Tosari, fotokaart 1959.jpg

Reactie

Hello Paul deBoer !

My grandfather, Bernard van Gessel, made two trips on the s.s. Tosari (steam ship) as the helmsman !

His first trip was from January 3 to April 8 1925
              The second trip was from April 21 to August 3 1925

It seems to me that your and my grandfather have been shipmates, at least during 1925 ! Are you making any progress with your journey into the past ?

Best regards,

Berend van Gessel

Reactie

My father was an engineer (assistant) on the Tosari, he also sailed on the Modjokerto, and the Sitoebondo which I believe was a sister ship of the Tosari. He escaped from Indonesia on the Kota Baroe, and spent most of the rest of the war on this ship. Pete

Reactie

Small world!

In 1940, my mother, sisters & I traveled from Medan to San Francisco on board the Tosari. The captain at that was not your forebear, as de Boer is our family name and I don't remember the captain's name. I was looking for info on what happened to the ship & crew after it left SF after its last stop here & noticed your post. What a coincidence!

Reactie

pglastra schreef Bekijk Berichten
                    My father was an engineer (assistant) on the Tosari, he also sailed on the Modjokerto, and the Sitoebondo which I believe was a sister ship of the Tosari. He escaped from Indonesia on the Kota Baroe, and spent most of the rest of the war on this ship. Pete
                    Hi Pete,
                    I have returned to my research after a very long gap and cam across your post above. It is possible my father in law was on board the Kota Baroe at the same time as your father (strangely he was also an assistant engineer later in the war)! Do you have any information about who was evacuated from Indonesia aboard the Kota Baroe? Would love to hear from you!

Daisy1942

Reactie

Here has been described something about the ship "ss / ms Tosari": http://www.dutchfleet.nl/showthread....ens-WOII/page2 (message # 23 + 24).

tosari.jpg

Een groepsfoto van zeven poserende bemanningsleden rond een reddingsboei aan dek van het vrachtschip ss. "Tosari" van de Rotterdamsche Lloyd NV in de haven van Hamburg.
                      Vriendelijke groet, Hans.

"Om de kracht van het anker te voelen moet men de storm trotseren". (Pas als je iets ernstig meemaakt, weet je op wie je kan vertrouwen).

Reactie

Working...
                      X