Admiral Von Bek or Von Beck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral Von Bek or Von Beck

My ancestor Admiral von Bek or Von Beck was an officer in the Dutch Fleet during the Revolutionary War in aiding the United States of America to achieve independence.

My family claims that George Washington sent him a letter commending the Dutch Fleet in achieving its goals.

My details are limited. Can anyone assist me in finding out who was a mbr of the dutch navy during that period of time. Which is from 1775 - 1783 during the revolutionary war..

thanks again..

Saint

The name closest to what you write in Dutch would be van Beek. Unfortunately, the lists with names of all Navy Officers go back only to 1833, these I can access at my work.

Admirals are normally remembered a bit longer, information might be present at the NIMH (National Institute for Military History) in The Hague. When I have a chance I'll enquire for you.
    "Try and leave this world a little better than you found it" [Baden Powell]
    "Verbeter de wereld, begin bij jezelf"... [algemeen]
    ..."maar stop daarna niet en help ook een ander op weg!" [Paul Joosten]
    https://duurzamehuizenroute.nl/wonin...s-1905-veendam

Reactie

van Beek (von Beck)

There are no flagofficers (admiralen/luit.-admiralen/Vice-admiralen/Schout bij nacht/commandeurs/generalen der mariniers) named van Beek or von Beck in the Netherlands navy during that time (thanks to Het Admiralenboek 1382/1991). Meaby kapitein or lower??? Greatings G.Horneman
      In time of War, but not before,
      God and the Sailor we adore ashore.
      Buth when War is over and Peace remitted,
      God is forgotten and the Sailor quited.

Reactie

Thanks again for your time. Nice work guys.

/salute

Reactie

Working...
        X