Another small translation request re Hr. Ms. Java survivors list annotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Another small translation request re Hr. Ms. Java survivors list annotation

The attached list of the 31 confirmed survivors from when Hr. Ms. Java was sunk (27 Feb 1942) was sent to me many years ago by my long-distance-cyber-friend, the Dutch author Henk Legemaate (who authored the large format book on Hr. Ms. De Ruyter [1935], but which was only published in the Dutch language unfortunately).

Anyhow, I know its a big ask as script is not so clear, but was wondering if someone would be so kind as to try to translate what is written in that Dutch script on bottom left of list page, which I have enlarged and posted separately at very bottom here underneath the list itself.

TIA!

Kevin

Hr-Ms-Java-survivors-list-x.jpgHr-Ms-Java-survivors-SCRIPT-x.jpg

It refers to the typed sentence”also rescued was an Local civilian washing-employee (?)”

p.s. this local (Indonesian) civilian was not laundry employee on board Java, but is one of the 6 crew members of the tugboat and sloop which on 26 feb 1942 around 17.35 collided with “de ruyter” when the tug tried to cross across the bow of “de ruyter” from Madoera off Soerabaja. The other rescued of the tugboat went down with “de ruyter” on 27-2-42.

Reactie

Hartelijk dank meneer!!!!!

(I hope I have got the above right for "many thanks sir"). Much appreciated!

Reactie

Working...
      X