Mededeling

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F833 Van Nes and F834 Van Galen to Portugal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich
    replied
    Both ships are planned to be used by the RNLN the whole year through because we still have obligations to our NATO-partners.
    At the beginning of 2008 the van Nes will get it's maintenance period, followed by a shakedown and work-up programme. Transfer will take place in december 2008.
    A similar program will be followed for the van Galen, but then 11 months later.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall
    replied
    "MC Spoilt B'stard" wrote: The Van Nes ''disasterduty'' ( i call it so , i dont know the real name for it)
    that would be for a year.

p.s. this picture is made in Vlissingen at the schelde schipyards ''scheldepoort''
    disasterduty= decomissioning

you mean one year from now?

Leave a comment:

• MC Spoilt B'stard
    replied
    The Van Nes ''disasterduty'' ( i call it so , i dont know the real name for it)
    that would be for a year.

p.s. this picture is made in Vlissingen at the schelde schipyards ''scheldepoort''

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall
    replied
    "Nicolaaas" wrote:
    Well, here she is. Very recent pic with the portugeese flag.
    Uahu!

Thanks!!!!! :D

This picture must have been taken the day the Portuguese Defense Minister visited her, after signing the contract????

I say this because it appeared on the Portuguese News, with the L-801 on the other side of the pier

But it's still in Dutch Colours

Does anyone knows if it will be decommissioned from Dutch service soon, or will she sail some more time under the Dutch Flag?

Thanks in advance,
    regards :D

Leave a comment:

• Nicolaaas
    replied

Well, here she is. Very recent pic with the portugeese flag.
    --
    vanNes.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall
    replied
    Dear Colleagues

Yesterday was a very happy day for the Portuguese Navy!!!! :D :D

Also I inform that the KD's Wikipedia page is updated:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Door ... gate#Ships

Regards to You All!

Leave a comment:

• leon
    replied
    Portugal koopt Nederlandse fregatten
    1-11-2006
    Staatssecretaris Cees van der Knaap heeft overeenstemming bereikt met de Portugese minister van Defensie Nuno Severiano Teixeira over de verkoop van twee Nederlandse multipurpose-fregatten. De overeenkomst is vanochtend getekend op het Ministerie van Defensie in Den Haag.
    Het fregat Hr. Ms. Van Nes gaat op 1 december 2008 over naar de Portugese marine. De Hr. Ms. Van Galen, die vanaf medio december ingezet wordt in het kader van UNIFIL, zal vanaf 1 november 2009 onder Portugese vlag varen. De twee fregatten worden verkocht als gevolg van de uitkomsten van de Marinestudie. De opbrengst van de verkoop dient voor de verwerving van patrouilleschepen.

bron: http://www.marine.nl/nieuws/?article=/n ... atten.html

Yes, it is now on the site of the Royal Netherlands Navy
    Hr. Ms. Van Nes to Portugal on 1-12-2008
    Hr. Ms. Van Galen to Portugal on 1-11-2009

Leave a comment:

• leon
    replied
    "Rich" wrote: The Schelde can publish many things, but that company is NOT the owner of these M-frigates! The Dutch government is.
    Correct!

In the last two weeks there is no news from the parlement, only the two indon korvets was a item.

Leave a comment:

• Rich
    replied
    The Schelde can publish many things, but that company is NOT the owner of these M-frigates! The Dutch government is.

Let's just say that a contract for both of these M-frigates will be signed very, very soon....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    note of announcement i receive

Sorry for being bothering you again....
    Have you heard any news about the 2 KDs to Portugal???

Is that no one says anything
    Well, the end of the month is aproaching, i honestly hope the final contract is signed asap

Anyway
    If the Schelde website announces the sale , that means it is definitive, not????

Please drop a line when possible

Thx in advance

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm not anymore in the navy but my son works on the naval dockyards.
    Even there nobody knows what is going to happens with ships who where into sale. (except - i suppose- the highest board of management)
    But still it is more a political question i suppose. Thats is to decision for the government in the Hague. http://www.government.nl/index.jsp http://www.mindef.nl/en/

Still i'ts in the Netherlands and in Den Helder a mine of rumours

Kind regards, Leonardo.

Leave a comment:

• Passagier
    started a topic F833 Van Nes and F834 Van Galen to Portugal?

F833 Van Nes and F834 Van Galen to Portugal?

Hi, I'm Portuguese and would like to know more details about the programmed transfer of 2 M-class Frigates to Portugal

I see you are from Den Helder, don't know if you are a member of the Dutch Navy?
    Maybe you can give some details?

Last wk some Portuguese media quoted an official source of the Portuguese Navy stating that the contract might still be signed this month of October.

Even Shelde Official site already states as confirmed the transfer of F833 Van Nes and F834 Van Galen to Portugal.
    http://www.scheldeshipbuilding.com/products.html#

Do you have more background on this that you can share?

Thx in advance

Working...
X