Just to let you Dutchmen know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to let you Dutchmen know...

the Enforcer from Schelde is currently a frontrunner in Canada's amphibious assault ship project. You guys should be proud of that design, we are very impressed by the Rotterdam.

I am especially proud of the close defense ties between Canada and the Netherlands, forged in blood in 1944 and 1945.

Soon enough Schelde may have racked up another export success- expect to see a tender officially released this fall.

n :D :x :evil:

Reactie

As you possibly know we're building a second assaultship, the Johan de Witt, which will conduct it's first seagoing trials in september. The Johan de Witt is one deck higher than the Rotterdam and a little bit wider. She will be capable of taking a large staff on board to support complex naval and amphibious operations.
      The picture of the Johan de Witt you see here comes from the RNLN internet site.

The Spanish Armada also operates two sisterships of the Rotterdam, both built in Spain.

Having worked with the Canadian Naval forces in the past I can say it's always been a very pleasant cooperation and I've enjoyed it very much.
      --
      Johan de Witt 1.jpg

Reactie

Re: Just to let you Dutchmen know...

"Canuck" wrote: the Enforcer from Schelde is currently a frontrunner in Canada's amphibious assault ship project. You guys should be proud of that design, we are very impressed by the Rotterdam.

I am especially proud of the close defense ties between Canada and the Netherlands, forged in blood in 1944 and 1945.

Soon enough Schelde may have racked up another export success- expect to see a tender officially released this fall.
        We will see .
        As far as I know, there is some talking to build the ship in Canada, based on the Schelde's engineering. But it is in the pre negotiation fase.

Reactie

it better to have de Schelde build Enforcer. Then the cost won't end up four -five times higher then then should be. I think the subs we bought from the UK five years ago are still not operational. And I still have very bad memories about that icebeaker fiasco a few years back. As I say let those people that know about ships, built them too. I should know, I visit the canadian yards too often for my work.

Reactie

"manders" wrote: it better to have de Schelde build Enforcer. Then the cost won't end up four -five times higher then then should be. I think the subs we bought from the UK five years ago are still not operational. And I still have very bad memories about that icebeaker fiasco a few years back. As I say let those people that know about ships, built them too. I should know, I visit the canadian yards too often for my work.
            Agree with that But I am afraid politcians have other interests One is to keep the knowledge, money and employment within the Canadian industry, and that is not a bad habit at all. :D

Reactie

Ohh, I'm not complaining. It will such an expensive ship, they never get to sail it anyway.

Reactie

Working...
              X