New Dutch Corvette/OPV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dutch Corvette/OPV

I'm looking for any info about this design. Its interesting, because from what I've heard, the new vessels will be designed for littoral warfare, making the cash strapped Dutch Navy the first in Europe to build warships suited to the new strategic context.

Are there are any general specs and/or images avaliable? Whats the timeframe for the project? Will they be primarily OPV's or "global" corvettes?

Thanks in advance for any info.

This is an artist impression that was posted in a book for navy personnel.

Its more an OPV. And a waste of money and power, in my opinion. 4 Advanced frigates will be sold, for 4 of this useless ships. That apperantly won't even have a canon but only machineguns. And no radarcapability that could be used in armed conflict.

Well if the Netherlands Royal Navy want to use this to deal with pirates, I'm afraid the next news will be: That te pirates sunk this ship, because even they had better arnement on their ships.
    --
    060119_223733.jpg

Reactie

ewwww...that is disgusting!

I had heard that it was going to be along the lines of the American LCS. Four Karl Doorman's were given the boot for this? I suppose the Navy also needed money and personnel for its new LHD (I assume you guys still want something along the lines of HMS Ocean?).

Reactie

"Canuck" wrote: ewwww...that is disgusting!

I had heard that it was going to be along the lines of the American LCS. Four Karl Doorman's were given the boot for this? I suppose the Navy also needed money and personnel for its new LHD (I assume you guys still want something along the lines of HMS Ocean?).
        Four Karel Doormans are going to be sold for this. (2 already have been sold to Belgium)

And that LHD, well in the same book there was an impression of it, its nothing special to. Just a replenishmentship with accomodation to have some helicopters stored. (Its more an improved Hr.Ms.Amsterdam.) Still good. But to sell 4 frigates for this plans. Its just a waste.

Reactie

Working...
        X