Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Subs O-21 Class #'s 21/23/24

Hi Everyone:

I am new to this board and its my first post, here are a couple of questions I have about the subs mentioned above:

1- These subs had an external torpedo tubes mounted either side of their hull, did they have a retractable door when not in use?

2- How many machine guns did they carry, and what are their locations?

3- Did these 3 boats all have net cutters during the War, especially in the Pacific theater.

4- And finally, what were they painted in the Pacific, all black, gray and black?

Any help would be appreciated. :D I'm doing these 3 boats in 1/700 made by HP Models, but they don't show to much info on these subs.

Bob Pienkos

Re: Dutch Subs O-21 Class #'s 21/23/24

Hi Bob,

"Bob Pienkos" wrote:
    1- These subs had an external torpedo tubes mounted either side of their hull, did they have a retractable door when not in use?
    Afaik they had sliding doors. But never seen a real good picture of that with these boats.

2- How many machine guns did they carry, and what are their locations?
    Two, situated is watertight buns. One of the buns can be clearly seen at this page:
    http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/pictu..._o24_1940s.htm

3- Did these 3 boats all have net cutters during the War, especially in the Pacific theater.
    Finding out when these netcutters exactly where romoved is almost impossible. Because one would need several correctly dated images of the boats with/without the ney cutter. But most images I have seen that are from the WWII period have either not net cutter or a trip[od without a net cutter (or maybe it has a protection.cover).

4- And finally, what were they painted in the Pacific, all black, gray and black?
    Good question Bob, I have no idea. My sources almost never mention paint schemes.

Bram

Reactie

Thank you Bram for your help, most appreciated.

Bob Pienkos

Reactie

Working...
      X