Mededeling

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did R-81 Karel Doorman make a cruise off North Africa ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Joosten
    replied
    On the page your link refers to and the next one no mention of such a visit is made, only port visits to Agadir, Casablanca and Gibraltar. In Gibraltar aircraft were flown off to the RAF naval base.

Leave a comment:

• vigi
    replied
    On this link, I found a visit in Algeria.

Someone could confirm the possibility of a Sea-Fury's detachment on North Africa French Naval Air Support Base during this cruise ?

Leave a comment:

• vigi
    replied
    Hi Paul

Many thanks for your reply.

We believe it was in 1954 to 1956 in North Africa, may be on the french naval air support base Lartigue in Algéria, not so far to town of Oran.

Hope this others informations will help to solve our "famous sea-fury's mystery".

In the same time, I will used your "zoek radar".

Leave a comment:

• Paul Joosten
    replied
    Bienvenue au Dutchfleet Vigi!

R81 Karel Doorman has been in the Mediterranean several times. There are a number of threads about the ship on this forum. You could try to use the "zoek-radar" (search radar) to find them. If you know some more details, like the name of the port or the country visited, a year etc. that might help you find the information you are looking for. Maybe some of the crew members know more, so there might be some more helpful responses here.

Leave a comment:

• vigi
    started a topic Did R-81 Karel Doorman make a cruise off North Africa ?

Did R-81 Karel Doorman make a cruise off North Africa ?

Hi Gents,

In first I would introduce myself.
    I'm webmaster on a french naval air-force forum.
    Infortunately I don't speak netherland, just a few english that's all...and my apologies because my english is very bad.

Hope I post this message on the right place

As you saw, I have a question about your aircraft-carrier R-81 Karel Dorman.
    On our forum, we have a tread with pictures of Sea-Fury...And we believe it was in North Africa.

avion0050.jpg

avion7.jpg

avion0039.jpg

I search on the web, but I didn't found anything about a Med' Cruise or a North African Cruise for your ship.

Maybe, it wasn't in North Africa.

Someone of you could help us in our research about theses pictures ?
    Where ?
    When ?
    For what ?
    Other ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help
Working...
X