X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisy
    replied
    Re: Help needed

I was hoping that someone on the forum might have had a relative that was stationed in London during 1944 who might know the work of these divers.

Regards Chrisy

Leave a comment:

• chrisy
    replied

Thanks for your reply Leon. I will try the webistes you mention and see what I might come up with.

Regards Chrisy

Leave a comment:

• Leon Homburg
    replied

Hi Chrisy,

If the terms 'Dutch diver, London, 1944' are the only ones you can use on your quest, than I'm afraid that's not enough.

I suggest that you contact the Netherlands Institute for Military History in The Hague (www.nimh.nl), but it's a very tiny needle in a very big haystack.
    The only register online is the file 'persoonsdossiers' that you can download at their website http://www.defensie.nl/nimh/genealogie/ ... ke_marine/. If a name pops up in the list, you know that the NIMH has a file on the person you are looking for.

Unfortunately, the list only contains names of personnel born before 1909. Chances are that your diver was younger. The records of naval personell born after 1909 are not publicly available. When you do come up with a name, and the person is born after 1909, you must write and identify yourself to the Defence Personnel Archives (www.defensie.nl/dmo/ivent/defensiearchi ... nsarchief/) to obtain a copy of his servive records.

Best regards,
    Leon

Leave a comment:

• chrisy
    started a topic Help needed

Help needed

I am doing some family research and have come upon a stubling block. I need to find a Dutch sailor who was a diver and was stationed in London during 1944. Is there some sort of register I can locate. I am not sure of the spelling of his name. I hope there is someone who can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Chrisy
Working...
X