Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference Dutch K XVI Submarine for Artist Robert Taylor

Hello!!

My name is Mark Copeland. I live in Lakeville, Minnesota here in The United States. I am an aviation enthusiast and have little to no understanding about Dutch WWII Submarines, for that I deeply apologize.

I do a lot of reference work for the English aviation artist, Robert Taylor. Several years ago, Robert painted a rendering called "Chance Encounter" showing a Dutch Dornier Do-24 flying over a Dutch K-XIV submarine off the coast Borneo. The family of the Captain who commanded the K XIV has comissioned Robert to once again, paint a rendering of the K-XVI attacking the Japanese Invasion fleet in December of 1941.

I was wondering if anyone has some good photographs of the K-XVI conning tower area. Or, if it's possible, scan some refernces from a book and email them to me. If you can help me out with the project, I can promise you a free copy of the limited edition signed print once the image has been created. I know that it will be signed by some survivng veterans of the K-XVI.

Thank you for your help!!

Mark Copeland
    Lakeville, Minnesota

Reference Dutch K XVI Submarine for Artist Robert Taylor

There are kots of gold images in THE web in the KXIV to KXVIII class

Freek
    --
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339735873.319859.jpg

Reactie

Re: Reference Dutch K XVI Submarine for Artist Robert Taylor

here's some more from the K-XVI

--
      0-16.jpg

Hr.Ms_.-K-XVI_geschiedenisleraar.jpg

Reactie

I suggest you visit www.maritiemdigitaal.nl, switch to 'uitgebreid zoeken/advanced search' and fill in the 'title' searchfield with terms like XIV, XV, XVI etc. You can also use the searchfield 'ship name', but not every participating institution uses the same ship names. Naval institutions use the name 'K XVI, Hr.Ms.' for instance. Using the wildcard '*' gives you results with the names that begin with the characters in front of it. For instance: 'K XV*' results in hits on 'K XV', 'K XVI', 'K XVIII, Hr.Ms.' etc.
        Daily flogging will continue until the crew's morale improves...!

Reactie

Hey Guys!!

Thank you all very much for the help. This takes me down the road a lot further.

Mark Copeland

Reactie

Working...
          X